Although several naturally occurring forms of coenzyme Q have been identified, Q10 is the predominant form found in humans and most mammals, and it is the form most studied for therapeutic potential.
What is Coenzyme Q10 ?
- Coenzyme Q10 is made naturally by the human body.
- Coenzyme Q10 helps cells to produce energy, and it acts as an antioxidant.
- Coenzyme Q10 has shown an ability to stimulate the immune system and to protect the heart from damage caused by certain chemotherapy drugs.
- Low blood levels of coenzyme Q10 have been detected in patients with some types of cancer.
- No report of a randomized clinical trial of coenzyme Q10 as a treatment for cancer has been published in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Coenzyme Q10 is marketed in the United States as a dietary supplement.
What foods contains Coenzyme Q10?
Meat and Fish
Fruits and Vegetables